Rotherham 01709 720348
Bradford 01274 733776

FAQs - Workers

Whether you are currently employed by Kalcrest, have signed up for job alerts, or are applying for a position, we are sure you will have many questions.

To help you we have compiled a selection of questions that we are asked most frequently, however if you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please get in touch and we will do our best to help you.

  • How do I apply for a job?

    To apply for a position with Kalcrest either call us on 01709 720348 or use the online application forms which can be found on the job detail pages.

    Click here to visit the Jobs page.

  • Do I need a CSCS card to work on a building site?

    Yes, it is our policy that all workers are required to hold a valid CSCS card.

  • What does CPCS stand for?

    CPCS stands for Construction Plant Certification Scheme.

  • What do I need to provide in order to be able to work for Kalcrest?

    As a minimum all workers need to provide proof of CSCS, have an NI number and ID. You will also be asked to provide a minimum of 2 references.

  • Do I need to have a good understanding of English?

    Yes, it is important to have a good understanding of written / spoken English so that health and safety on a construction site is not compromised and everyone remains safe.

  • What is a CSCS card?

    A CSCS card is part of a scheme that confirms individuals working in a construction environment have the necessary training and qualifications.

  • I am a machine driver, do I still need a CSCS card?

    Not necessarily. As a machine driver you should hold a valid CPCS card, which will allow you access on to most building sites.

  • What is a CPCS card?

    A CPCS card demonstrates that you have the necessary skills to be a plant operator. It is based on competence and health and safety awareness.

  • How do I obtain a CSCS card?

    You can apply online for a CSCS card. Click here for more information.

  • What does CSCS stand for?

    CSCS stands for Construction Skills Certification Scheme.

  • Will I be offered work if I have a criminal record?

    Work would be offered at the client’s discretion depending upon the severity and nature of the crime, and whether or not it is a spent conviction.

  • Will I receive confirmation of employment?

    Yes. When you have accepted an assignment, we will send you a new starter pack which will include:

    • Your contract
    • Documents you will need to complete and return to us
    • Instructions on what to do next.
  • When I have received my pack what documents do I need to send to you?

    The documents you will need to send to us are:

    • Completed application form
    • Proof of ID (passport or birth certificate) 
    • Something official with your NI number on.
  • Will I accrue holiday pay?

    If you are employed on a PAYE basis, you will accrue holiday pay based on the hours that you have worked.

  • When will I be paid?

    Once you are compliant you will be paid weekly – every Friday. You will be paid a week in arrears.

  • What does compliance / compliant mean?

    'Compliance' means that you have completed and returned all the documents we require (application form, ID & NI number) to ensure that the requirements of Government / HMRC are met.

  • How do I request holidays?

    We need your request in writing (email or post) at least two weeks prior to the time you wish to take as holiday.

  • How do I submit the hours I have worked?

    When you start an assignment we will post you some timesheets and continue to do so weekly until the end of your contract. You can also download blank timesheets here.

    You need to complete the timesheet with the hours you have worked, and get the site manager / site supervisor to sign it. Make sure your timesheet is with us by 5pm every Monday to ensure payment the following week.

Job Alerts

Let us know your job requirements and we will contact you the next time an appropriate position becomes available.

Sign up for job alerts

We are proud to be members of...