At Kalcrest, we understand how vital recruiting the right workers is to the success of construction projects and our services are designed to make that as straightforward as possible for you.
We have a proven track record of supplying both managerial / professional level staff and skilled site workers for contracts and permanent jobs across the UK, and help some of the country’s most high-profile construction companies to solve their recruitment problems.
Our services, which can be tailored to suit your precise requirements, are intended to ensure you benefit from having the right workers available at the right time to successfully deliver your projects.
Temporary / Contract Recruitment
Flexible staffing plays a key role in the construction sector and at Kalcrest we specialise in finding the right people with the right skills for main contractors and subcontractors at each stage of their projects.
Our cost-effective temporary / contract recruitment services include:
- Preferred supplier agreements. Working in long-term partnership with you allows us to develop an in-depth knowledge of your business’s requirements and deliver the best possible tailored service.
- Ad hoc and short notice recruitment. Whether you need one worker for a week of sickness cover or to staff an entire site for a six-month project, Kalcrest can supply the right skills for the job.
- Staffing project management. Outsource the management of temporary staffing for a major project to Kalcrest for a cost-effective and hassle-free service. We will look after all aspects of recruitment - including liaising with other agencies when necessary - for the duration of the project, reducing your workload and giving you a single point of contact for all issues.
- Professional / Managerial / Technical. Our technical recruitment division sources staff including project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, architects, site managers, contract managers, CAD technicians and health & safety experts for contract work or interim management roles.
- Engineers. From steel erectors and mechanical engineers to pipe fitters and welders, we can supply experienced engineering workers for temporary jobs on construction projects, planned maintenance and shutdown work.
- Skilled trades. Kalcrest specialises in supplying experienced site workers for temporary jobs in skills shortage disciplines. We have a pool of registered and reference checked plasterers, bricklayers, joiners, shopfitters, groundworkers, electricians and plumbers available for work across the UK.
- Labourers. We have a large pool of site labourers with CSCS cards registered, reference checked and ready to take on temporary jobs throughout the UK.
- Right to work & reference checking. We have a thorough registration procedure for all candidates looking for temporary and contract work. This ensures everyone we send to site is competent, familiar with health & safety regulations and permitted to work in the UK.
- Payroll. Kalcrest’s highly-efficient in-house payroll operation is capable of handling large volumes of timesheets each week, ensuring your site workers are paid on time. We also offer an outsourced payroll service to help clients manage their temporary workforces.
Kalcrest has an exceptional track record in the supply of temporary workers to the construction and housebuilding sectors and can help you to source everyone from site labourers to senior project managers for assignments anywhere in the UK.
There is strong competition for the best workers to fill permanent construction jobs and Kalcrest is committed to ensuring our clients have the pick of them.
We have extensive experience of recruiting staff for permanent roles at all levels within the industry, and have filled vacancies for clients ranging from multinational contractors and major housebuilders to sub-contractors and small specialist consultancies.
Our permanent recruitment services are tailored to meet the needs of each client and can include:
- Preferred supplier list / sole supplier agreement. Working in partnership on a long-term basis means we get to know not only your technical requirements, but also the culture of your business. As a result, we can compile interview shortlists consisting only of qualified staff who would be a good fit with your team.
- Ad hoc vacancies. Whether your team is growing or you need to replace someone who is moving on, Kalcrest can help you to find the right skilled workers to fill one-off or occasional vacancies. We offer a quick, reliable and thorough permanent construction recruitment service that is proven to deliver results.
- Executive search. Our executive search service is specifically designed to deal with the problematic task of recruiting for mid and senior level management jobs in the construction industry. We can handle every stage of the process from helping to finalise the brief and compiling a shortlist of suitably experienced candidates to organising a multi-stage interview process and offer management.
- Advertising and response handling. Advertising can be an effective option for recruitment in some circumstances, but sifting through the responses, replying to applicants and initial screening is very time consuming. Appoint Kalcrest to manage the process and we will handle everything from placing the initial ads to drawing up the shortlist, saving you time and money.
Whether you are looking for skilled site staff, technical specialists or senior managers, Kalcrest’s permanent recruitment division has a solution that will ensure you find the right workers.
Find out more about our Construction and Technical expertise here.
For more information about any of Kalcrest’s services or to arrange an initial meeting with one of our construction recruitment experts, please call us on 01709 720348 or get in touch.